Last week Grails 0.6 was released and the 1.0 release is coming closer every day now!
The 0.6 release contained the following key features:
- Joint Groovy/Java Compilation
- Spring Web Flow Integration
- Support for Spring scopes to allow scoped services
- Improved support for REST with automatic XML/JSON marshalling and RESTful URL mappings
- New Config DSL for configuration not possible by convention
- Refreshed scaffolding interface and branding
- Support for Sitemesh inline decorators
- Controllers can now call tag libraries as methods
- New GSP tags
- Massive improvements to speed of start-up time, unit tests and generation tools
Besides the great Spring Web Flow integration, and out-of-the-box support for rendering XML and JSON responses (formerly known as the Converters plugin), also the scaffolding views were revamped. Scaffolding now provides a professional and good looking user interface. Take a look below!